Local Linux/Unix CLasses

Author: John Wheat
To: PLUG-discuss
Subject: Local Linux/Unix CLasses
Hello,

Not to long ago their was a thread regarding *Nix classes in the local
area. I happen to be currently enrolled in CIS 238 Advanced Unix Admin.
The Link for this class through Mesa Community College is
http://www.mc.maricopa.edu/apps/schedule/sched_view.jsp The class is
actually a Sun course taught using Solaris 9. The courseware is
Intermediate System Administration from Sun Microsystems Press. I am not
sure if you can enroll as we have already had one class meeting, alhough
given their are only six people in my class I am sure a chat with the
instructor and the necessary prerequisites or equivalent *Nix experience
would likely get you in the door.The intro to Unix admin is also a Sun
course as well. It seems to be a decent course and certainly has me
wishing my intro to Unix class had been much better. I definitely lack
the genetic indicators that make programming and regular expressions
understandable. They also offer basic and advanced Linux courses which I
believe are actually the RHCE program. On a sidenote if you were to take
this class through the private sector it would cost $2500 at the MCC
downtown Mesa campus.

John Wheat