programming on linux

Author: Josh Coffman
To: plug-discuss
Subject: programming on linux
Greetings from you local village idiot...

I'm a windows programmer. I'd like to at least have
a clue how to program on linux also. Maybe Java. Maybe
Python or Perl. Anyone care to make recomendations
that one could fit into an already busy life. I could
probably best start by doing some reading and then a
Hellow World type example.

I've also got this itch to fix Network Manager to
run in KDE as well as Gnome, but I'm not ready for that.

Shin zen ni rei
-j
Registered Linux user number 403109
http://counter.li.org/