Re: Local classes [Was: Re: O'reilly's learninglab worthwhil…

Author: KE7FEG
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: Local classes [Was: Re: O'reilly's learninglab worthwhile?]
Estrella CC has them also.

--- "der.hans" <> wrote:

> Am 19. Jan, 2006 schwätzte Dennis Kibbe so:
>
> > Don't forget Thurmann's Unix class at SCC and
> similar classes at MCC.
>
> Speaking of classes...
>
> Would someone take charge of getting Valley Free
> Software classes listed
> up on the web site?
>
> The community colleges have Linux and FS programming
> classes.
>
> Same with ASU, UAT, Collins, etc.
>
> There are also private companies that do training.
>
> It'd be great if we could point people at places
> where they can learn.
>
> Minimally we need to list the institution. Better
> would be have pointers
> to the departments that teach the classes. Even
> better would be keeping
> updated schedules. For the latter the instructors
> should be willing to
> help us out a little.
>
> ciao,
>
> der.hans
> --
> #  https://www.LuftHans.com/
> http://www.CiscoLearning.org/
> #  Join the League of Professional System
> Administrators! https://LOPSA.org/
> #  In order to live free and happily, you must
> sacrifice boredom.
> #  It is not always an easy sacrifice.>

Ed Culbertson/ke7feg
Remeber Katrina?
For several days, only hams could get out, and talk to others.

No Morse Code required for Technician class licensee
New hand helds start at about $85 and up for single band
transcievers at many dealers, just fyi.

Long live Knoppix, and Puppy Live Linux cd's.
Complete operating systems free if downloaded.
I am running w/o a hard drive on both!!