wierd behavior in KDE 3.4

Author: jerry davis
To: plug-discuss
Subject: wierd behavior in KDE 3.4
I have Mandriva 2005 LE, and it has been working fine since it came out.
It had KDE 3.3 on it. I recently upgraded to KDE 3.4 about a week ago.
It worked good too, UNTIL tonight.

I am now running kmail from Gnome. Here's why:

All of a sudden, my keyboard just went wacky. If I press any single key (it
doesn't matter which one), it doesn't register with KDE. If I get into a
terminal, and hold down a key (so it repeats) EVENTUALLY I get some of the
keys.

My keyboard works fine in Gnome, and it works fine if I boot into safemode.
My next try is to mv my .kde directory and see if something in there (config
wise) is causing it.

I just can't understand this.
Anyone got any ideas???

Jerry

--
Hobbit Name: Pimpernel Loamsdown
Registered Linux User: 275424

This email's random fortune: Delta: We never make the same mistake three
times. --
David Letterman