How to change location of Kmail folders

Author: joe
To: plug-discuss
Subject: How to change location of Kmail folders

Kmail used to store folders in /home/name/Mail but in the latest version,
those same folders appear in /home/name/.kde/share/apps/kmail/mail/...

Is there some reason why they need to be buried so deep? Is it possible to
reconfigure Kmail so the inbox, outbox, send, etc. files can be stored where
they used to be? If so, how is that done? I can't find anything on the
Kmail > Settings > Configure Kmail menu that allows one to specify a
different location for these files.

Also, is there any problem in bringing forth all my old Kmail in/out box
files to the new system?