Re: New Website

Author: Alan Dayley
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: New Website
Gilbert T. Gutierrez, Jr. said:
> I just took a lookse at the Plug Website (http://plug.phoenix.az.us) and
> my surprise it has changed.

Yes. We finally got around to updating it a few months back.

> Comments:
> 1. It looks much better than the last incarnation.

Thank you. I agree.

> 2. It even displays correctly in most browsers.

Good.

> 3. IE5 has some problems with the site. It actually looks terrible in IE.
> Any new people who may come to our site using a Windows box will be turned
> off by the appearance (The logo is Gray and the column layout is off).

That's interesting. I had never checked it with IE since I use Firefox
everywhere. I just checked in IE for myself.

The logo is gray because it is a PNG file with transparency. IE does not
support transparency for PNG files. I guess we'll have to think about how
to handle that.

The column layout think I don't have an answer for at the moment.

Thanks for the feedback. I'll have to be sure and bring this up in the
plug-webdev email list.

Alan