Re: How to write to a winxp partition file from the Linux pa…

Author: Joseph Sinclair
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: How to write to a winxp partition file from the Linux partition?
You need to change the umask option in the mount command that is used to mount the NTFS partition. NTFS uses a completely different access control mechanism from Linux, so Linux just completely ignores it and applies a umask to all files. 'man mount' to find the details of the required umask option.