Re: RSS feeds question

Author: JD Austin
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: RSS feeds question
Alan Dayley wrote:

>Most of the time I surf the web with Firefox 1.0.7 but will upgrade
>soon. I don't think the version matters for my question.
>
>The new PLUG website has a box in the lower left of the home page
>labeled Syndicate with various RSS-type feed icons in it. When I click
>these icons, Firefox displays raw XML, helpfully informing me that it
>has now style information. Great. So?
>
>I am behind the times on RSS and Atom feeds so I am confused by this.
>What tool does one use to get and read RSS feeds? Is this not a
>Firefox/Browser function?
>
>Alan

RSS feeds are just xml. They allow for easy content swapping between sites.
Here for example is my news page that incorporates content from RSS Feeds:
http://www.twingeckos.com/TG/content/view/102/109/

As far as Firefox, there are extensions you can use to read them, here
is one:
https://addons.mozilla.org/extensions/moreinfo.php?id=424&application=firefox
Netscape comes with a sidebar/etc to view them.

JD

--
JD Austin
Twin Geckos Technology Services LLC