Re: The $100 laptop

Author: Jared Anderson
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: The $100 laptop
KE7FEG wrote:

>.....from a purely dummie persective, I
>had rather use windows as many games/etc wont run on a
>linux machine.....

Games/Etc?? I'm not flaming you, but rather a honest [rhetorical]
question: does the target market of these laptops have any access,
exposure, or dependency to the aforementioned 'Games/Etc'?

Also not a flame, but I must correct an inaccurate statement: MANY
games/etc WILL run on a Linux machine; 'many games/etc wont run' on a
Windows machine, either. Also in fact, right 'out the box', most Linux
Distros have more 'games/etc' available than the alternative.

The only 'dummie perspective' is the pseudo-dependent perspective of a
society which has made a 'closed standard' the standard.