Re: I paid $160.00.......

Author: Kurt Granroth
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: I paid $160.00.......
Indeed, a TiVo is substantially more limited than a home-made box.
However, I was responding to the statement that a TiVo could be more
expensive (hardware-wise) than a custom solution.

Personally, I am a huge TiVo fan and have three of them (one being a
Series1... very hackable). I find myself casting an eye towards
MythTV (and various Windows solutions, to tell the truth) more and
more lately, though, due to the lack of HDTV support (and to a lesser
degree, the ability to remotely control my Series2 TiVos). I am past
the point in my life were I enjoy spending hours upon hours getting
things to work so I haven't switched yet.... but maybe someday when I
can find a pre-configured HTPC for under $1000 I'll abandon at least
one or two of my precious TiVos.