Re: acquiring digital music

Author: der.hans
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: acquiring digital music
Am 06. Oct, 2005 schwätzte June Tate-Gans so:

> On Thu, 2005-10-06 at 12:38 -0700, der.hans wrote:
> >
> > On a similar note of freedom, please use freedb.org as your CDDB source.
>
> ...any particular reason why? O.o

CDDB took lots of input info from people then turned commercial and tried
to cutoff access to Free Software and shareware applications.

I don't see it explicitly mentioned in the FAQ, but as I remember the
freedb code is Free Software ( ah here it is, yup GPL,
http://www.freedb.org/modules.php?name=Sections&sop=viewarticle&artid=7 )
and the entries are also guaranteed to be freely available.

ciao,

der.hans
--
# https://www.LuftHans.com/
# Whenever I hear anyone arguing for slavery, I feel a strong impulse to