Re: Off Topic: Buying digital SLR on-line

Author: Mark Jarvis
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: Off Topic: Buying digital SLR on-line

Thanks to all those who replied!!!

Most places I looked at either had HORRIBLE reviews (gray market or
worse ?) or wanted full factory list price. (Nikon must REALLY put the
screws on.) One that was slightly lower was profeelvideo.com (grandson
bought a camera there--no complaints). Best price I've found so far was
at (DUH!!) Newegg, and it was <10% off list. Newegg will probably get
my $--good rep, best price, very low shipping, decent price on needed SD
card for storage.

Interesting . . . some of the places whose ads were right at the top of
Google's lists & ads were offering camera body + lens for < list for
camera body only--and BOY!, were some of the folks who bought from them
MAD!!! Like they say: "If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is."

Again--Thanks for all the comments!

-mj-