Re: sudo moron

Author: Craig White
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: sudo moron
On Fri, 2005-09-09 at 11:57 -0700, der.hans wrote:
> Am 09. Sep, 2005 schwätzte Craig White so:
>
> A quick glance makes me think the commands don't match up.
>
> > gonna show my ignorance when it comes to sudo
> >
> > # tail -n 8 /etc/sudoers
> > # Cmnd alias specification
> > Cmnd_Alias IPOD=/sbin/modprobe sbp2
>
> /sbin/modprobe -r sbp2
>
> I think you need to specify the -r the Cmnd_Alias.

----
yup - that was it - didn't realize that the 'exact' command with all
modifiers had to be in /etc/sudoers - duh! - proper subject on email I
suppose
----

> > sbp2_force_inquiry_hack=1, /sbin/rmmod sbp2
>
> Is that setting an environmental variable? I've never tried to do that in
> the middle of a Cmnd_Alias definition.

----
I guess so - it was lifted from readme on the gtkpod software. I removed
it - didn't need it anyway
----

> > Cmnd_Alias EJECT=/usr/bin/eject
>
> /usr/bin/eject /dev/sda2
>
> I think you need to specify /dev/sda2 for the Cmnd_Alias.

----
as per above exactness, I have found that to be the case
----

> > # User privilege specification
> > craig ALL=(ALL) ALL
> > craig ALL= NOPASSWD : IPOD
> > craig ALL= NOPASSWD : EJECT
>
> You can put that all on one $line.
>
> # lufthans ALL=(ALL) /usr/bin/apt-get update, /usr/bin/apt-get install *, \
> #     NOPASSWD: /bin/tar x --atime-preserve -pvf -

----
and I've now modified it to be

craig ALL= NOPASSED : IPOD, EJECT

thanks - it now workee and sudo moron (or pseudo moron) is now just a
bit wiser.

Craig