floppies and such

Author: Sean Roe
To: plug-discuss
Subject: floppies and such
Hi All,

I am having such a brain cramp, I am installing debian on a new box with a
linksys gigabit card, which uses the realtek 8169 chipset. Of course the
debian installer doesn't have the drivers for it, so I went and found them
and compiled them (it?) and went to put it on a floppy but I am not sure
what format to put it on. I tried the a standard winblows format and a
fdformat with ext3 and cp'd the file over to the drive but the new box
can't seem to find the driver r8169.o Any ideas?

Sean