mplayer-gui disappears

Author: Josh Coffman
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: mplayer-gui disappears
Hi all (oder: 'Tag alle),

Quick summery: mplayer-gui flickers a small window
and disappears in the blink of an eye.

This is a once step forward - two steps back
problem. I've been working on getting video streaming
to work (in firefox) and mostly have gotten it. I
worked through the problem on my laptop then
implemented the solution on my desktop also.

The desktop is fine, but I must have messed up
something in tinkering on the laptop. mplayer-gui was
previous working. In my tinkering I had also installed
then remove Kaffiene. When I discovered it I used
Yumex to remove and re-install mplayer and its
components. The mplayerplug-in still works with
streaming, but the mplayer-gui still has the same
problem.

Is there somewhere to find a log to see what's
happening? Anyoone seen this before or know a fix?

TIA,
-j