Re: parental control / web filter

Author: Craig Brooksby
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: parental control / web filter
Josh:

In the Windows world, I subscribed to CyberPatrol
(http://www.cyberpatrol.com/) and was very happy with it. Their
blacklists are maintained by real people. You can set the filter per
user (kids vs. adults).

Privoxy seems to get a lot of mentions. I don't claim to understand
it. Check it out. (http://www.privoxy.org/)

And on a related note, here's something I think is cool: A DVD player
+ filters that you can rent any DVD and after downloading their
filter, tune the movie to your preferences. ("No F- or S-words, no
violence, no sex" etc.) Voila. Your own "Edited for TV" version of
any movie (except the South Park Movie, I presume).

http://www.clearplay.com/

In other words: I just want the story, not bedroom gymnastics that do
nothing for the plot. (Now if they only had a "no hollywood cliches"
filter.)

Just tossing that in, in case anyone else is interested. HTH

And if you like 30-second movies re-enacted by bunnies:
http://www.angryalien.com/ (scroll down)