Re: GUI apt-get

Author: Bryan.ONeal@asu.edu
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: GUI apt-get
<-- Warning: charset 'X-UNKNOWN' is not supported -->

Since one of his AutoCAD add ons will not even work under Win2k and instead
requires WinME and since he already has licenses for those, I am Thinking
VMWare is a better way to go. I think he will like OO.org Writer better then
Word, but will probably use MS Excel more then the OO.org counterpart (mostly
due to the ability to do recursive numeral resolutions with just a few clicks)

However, with the exception of AutoCAD and his uber expensive add on packages,
I think he will use the Linux side more and more. If some one knows of a
MatchCAD or Mathmatica like product that is open source then I may even get
him off of excel.

Oh, and does any one know of a good CD-R, CDRW, & DVDR GUI? I do not think
cdrecord will be his friend for a while.