Re: Remote audio monitoring

Author: Daniel P. Stasinski
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: Remote audio monitoring
On Wed, 2005-07-27 at 15:39 -0700, Kevin wrote:
> Not exactly an open source project, but here is a single device that
> will stream live audio/video directly to a web browser. It also uses
> motion detection (probably pixel shift detection) to send you clips of
> action via email. My colleague is using it to monitor his house
> remotely. Seems to work very well. I was impressed with the video
> resolution and the motion detection alerts via email.

Cool. I've had video security for a couple years -- good enough to get
a few maintenance men and contractors fired for doing bad things in my
apartment -- but I never got around to adding audio to it.

I think what I may end up doing is building a simple audio client/server
based on libspeex.

Thanks :)

Daniel