Re: Installed vsftpd but not sure where home folder is locat…

Author: Jeremy C. Reed
To: Jim B, Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: Installed vsftpd but not sure where home folder is located.
On Tue, 26 Jul 2005, Jim B wrote:

> I have installed vsftpd on Debian but I am not sure where the defualt
> directory is so that i can place files I want on the ftp server in that
> location?
>
> I have looked at the man page and the vsftpd.conf file and comments but no
> luck yet.

Look at the vsftpd.conf manual page about ftp_username: "The home
directory of this user is the root of the anonymous FTP area."

The default is ftp user. So create a "ftp" user and then /home/ftp
could be used.

This is the common setup for several FTP daemons.

Jeremy C. Reed

                  BSD News, BSD tutorials, BSD links
                 http://www.bsdnewsletter.com/