Re: OT: Man Charged With Stealing Wi-Fi Signal - Yahoo! News

Author: Ted Gould
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: OT: Man Charged With Stealing Wi-Fi Signal - Yahoo! News
Badger, Shawn wrote:
> If you put your phone out on the curb without a lock on it which is what
> basically what people are doing by leaving their WAPs open!

Sorry to bring up this topic again, but if you disabled long distance
and 411 calling on your phone -- would you care?

I guess I get tired of the phrase "people who have open WAPs are lazy or
stupid". I have a WAP, it is open. I know how to configure it. I
choose to leave it open. I haven't had any issues.

        --Ted