Re: Is anyone using Linux in a retail / POS setting here in …

Author: Alexander Henry
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: Is anyone using Linux in a retail / POS setting here in town?
On Tue, 05 Jul 2005 19:42:25 -0700, Jason Spatafore <>
wrote:

> On Tuesday 05 July 2005 12:21, Michael Sammartano wrote:
>> Home Depot uses HP/Unix, Windows 2000, and XP with DB2 database.
>>

> Translation: Home Depot likes to waste a lot of money. :)

Hey nice tangent topic. Before buying stock in a company, see what kind
of back-end they have. I'm not saying this for Home Depot, but if you
find a company which shoves money at overly expensive IT while jacking
their employees by not guaranteeing 200 hours per six months
(*kof*Starbucks*kof*), then you definately know what the higher-ups value
and what they don't.

--
Alexander