Re: PLUG site index.php file?

Author: Alan Dayley
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: PLUG site index.php file?
Jeremy C. Reed said:

> Sounds like it is time to setup some automated backup schedule. Maybe on
> daily basis, if any new files, create a tarball of new files and email
> it or ssh it somewhere. And maybe on a weekly or monthly basis, make a
> complete tarball of everything.

You are, of course, correct. I take responsibility for the hole in the
backup process.

I was doing a full tarball backup about twice a month. I did not keep a
history of backups, always deleting the previous after getting the latest.
Bad RAM in my personal computer corrupted the hard drive. My last
personal computer backup was incomplete and did not have the last backup
of the website. Then, this vandalism happened before I had done another
backup of the site.

Ugh. That reads like a non-geek's backup horror story. But, it was me.
And I apologize for it.

Alan