Re: ACL, SELinux, and chroot +GRSEC

Author: Bryan.ONeal@asu.edu
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: ACL, SELinux, and chroot +GRSEC
I also agree, but even in small business settings where FIPS/CC certification
is not required, even in offices where everyone is a domain admin, and any
security is better then nothing, Linux still is overlooked because no one in
the office can afford the time to figure out complex policies and archaic
command line commands. We would still need a standard set of user-friendly
configuration tools. When I suggest adding another internal file server to
our net work here at work, they rejected the Linux proposal because they felt
I would be the only one who could possible administer it.

Speaking of which (good GUI tools) I looked at the one Joseph recommended for
ACL, despite not having any work done on it in years, it looked exactly like
what I needed; however I could not get it to run on any of my three boxes. It
chokes out importing the python acl module, which I installed using RPM's.