Re: How to define kmail within firefox as email client?

+ (text/html)
Author: Donn
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: How to define kmail within firefox as email client?
On 6/22/05, Josef Lowder <> wrote:

> I use both Konqueror and Firefox and Kmail as my email client.
> Of course Kmail automatically works with Konqueror whenever I click
> on an email link. But when I click on an email link with Firefox, I get
> an "Alert" message that reads: "mailto is not a registered protocol."
>
> How can I fix Firefox so it will also call the Kmail email client?

Joseph, try this:

--Close Firefox
--edit your ~/.mozilla/firefox/default.***/prefs.js

--Add this line at the bottom (replace the proper path/filename of your
kmail executable):
user_pref("network.protocol-handler.app.mailto
","/usr/local/thunderbird/thunderbird");

--make sure the file ends with a carriage-return/line-feed and save it.
--Start Firefox and test

This is how I set Thunderbird as my default email flient from within
Firefox. Hope it works for you.

--
Donn
"Sarcasm is the safe alternative to expressing anger."