WestSide Stammtisch Location Questions

Author: George
To: plug-discuss
Subject: WestSide Stammtisch Location Questions
If the WestSide Stammtisch is going to be held at GCC, the next question
might be:

Where at GCC, the student union, or a room much like the one Steve Smith
schedules for us on the 4th Tuesday?

I checked out the Student Union.
Strong WiFi signal.
Plenty of room but I wasn't there to at a time to experience the rush hour
as in 7:00 to 9:00.
It looks like there might be wired connections available along the windows.
It looks like there might be power outlets along the windows (if so, hidden
by those brass swing up covers).

I don't know the rules for using their network (password required, students
and faculty only?). Steve Smith and/or David Huerta might be able to answer
this. I think David might have been tied in at the last 4th Tuesday
presentation.

Talking with a security guy, it seems that the student union does not serve
food during the summer months and quits serving food at 7:00 during the Fall
thru Spring.

Therefore, it seems that the main advantage to the Student Union would be a
reduced loan on Steve while the main disadvantage might be a quieter place.

Any other thoughts.

George