Re: Answer to screen blanking

Author: Jared Anderson
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: Answer to screen blanking
You also need to edit your XF86Config / xorg.conf file to reflect two pointing
devices, similiar to this (not all the Option features are required):

Section "InputDevice"
    Identifier    "Intellimouse"
    Driver "mouse"
    Option "Protocol"   "ExplorerPS/2"
    Option "Device"     "/dev/input/mice"
    Option "Buttons"    "7"
    Option "ZaxisMapping" "6 7"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
  Driver      "synaptics"
  Identifier      "TouchPad"
  Option    "Device"          "/dev/psaux"
  Option    "Protocol"        "auto-dev"
  Option    "LeftEdge"        "60"
  Option    "RightEdge"        "900"
  Option    "TopEdge"        "70"
  Option    "BottomEdge"        "690"
  Option    "FingerLow"        "25"
  Option    "FingerHigh"        "30"
  Option    "MaxTapTime"        "180"
  Option    "MaxTapMove"        "110"
  Option    "EmulateMidButtonTime"    "75"
  Option    "VertScrollDelta"    "50"
  Option    "HorizScrollDelta"    "50"
  Option    "MinSpeed"        "0.2"
  Option    "MaxSpeed"        "0.9"
  Option    "AccelFactor"        "0.03"
  Option    "EdgeMotionMinSpeed"    "15"
  Option    "EdgeMotionMaxSpeed"    "15
  Option    "UpDownScrolling"    "1"
  Option    "CircularScrolling"    "1"
  Option    "CircScrollDelta"    "0.1"
  Option    "CircScrollTrigger"    "2"
  Option    "SHMConfig"        "on"
EndSection

Then your server layout section must reflect the two point devices:

Section "ServerLayout"
    Identifier "atiradeon"
    Screen "Screen0"
    InputDevice "Keyboard1" "CoreKeyboard"
    InputDevice "Intellimouse" "SendCoreEvents"
    InputDevice "TouchPad" "CorePointer"
EndSection

The CorePointer is the pointer you desire to use always, as the SendCoreEvents is the
usbmouse. The XF86Config man page (or xorg.conf man page) elaborates on this.

On Mon, 30 May 2005 12:28:07 -0700 (PDT), Robert pushed these keyboard buttons:
>Trackpad and USB mouse both worked fine at same time under
>Windows.
>

>On Sun May 29 22:37:14 PDT 2005, Kevin Brown
><> wrote:
>
>> wrote:
>>> You might want to be certain they work together. They may be
>>> designed to be mutually exclusive. If you dual-boot, why not
>>> test it in Windows?
>>> I can even see it being a BIOS-controlled or magic-keystroke
>>> controlled option, like turning the display from LCD to external
>>> monitor.
>>
>> Most work fine together that I've played with for laptops. I
>> tend to turn off the touchpad (via the fn + F# keys) since it can
>> be annoying to be moving the trackball and accidentally touch the
>> pad with my other hand.

my$.02