Re: Group center

Author: Kevin Brown
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: Group center
>> OK... I would like to thank http://chicagocrime.org for the basis
>> of this data overlay...
>
> Wow. Stay away from the water...
>
>> http://www.public.asu.edu/~hellgate/plug/maps.html
>>
>> The data points just point at the cross streets and aren't linked
>> to any other data at all. Feel free to continue submitting cross
>> streets and zipcodes and I'll update the map (Yes both pieces of
>> information are helpful as is St vs Ave for numbered cross
>> streets).
>

> Warning, warning, feature request lies ahead! :)
>
> Can you add the current meeting locations in a different color?
>
> Thanks for having done this for us again!

For some reason I definitely suffer from being an overachiever with
this... as I had a few thoughts during the night. One was the
possibility of setting up a database to hold this information and then
at each meeting (stammtisch, East side, West side, Installfest, etc...)
have a sign in sheet that asks for major cross streets and zip from the
attendees (voluntary of course). Then you could request maps that show
for each meeting, for a given timeframe (week, month, year, etc...), etc...

Would be interesting to see where people are from in the valley that go
to the various events.