RE: How to Back Up Win Box for Linux Install

Author: G Gambill
To: plug-discuss
Subject: RE: How to Back Up Win Box for Linux Install
Thanks to all who responded.

I liked Der Hans suggestion but for another project.

I went with Alan's "dd" technique. It seems to have worked. It claimed a
reasonable read/write count. The USB drive lose an appropriate amount of
free space. Of course, I won't know for sure till such time as I need to
restore; which probably will never happen. ;-)

The laptop is loading CentOS 4 as I type. I may need to be at the
InstallFest to get such things as the USB WiFi and the Linksys 10/100 NIC
pcmcia working.

Thanks again

George