RE: WestSide Stammtisch ... was move Stammtisch?

Author: der.hans
To: plug-discuss
Subject: RE: WestSide Stammtisch ... was move Stammtisch?
Am 27. May, 2005 schwätzte G Gambill so:

> I just got a WiFi locator and will check out the Central/Camelback area. Is
> that called snorting?

Better than wardriving is probably google driving :).

We don't want to be latching onto someone's access point without their
permission.

> There is also a coffee/sandwich type place (Market Street something I think)
> at 7th street and Glendale. Kind of small, which gives rise to the question
> ... how many seats for starters.

They offer free wireless access to customers?

> I'll also try to check out the Holiday Inn at 4300 N. Central.
>
> What exactly am I looking for. That is what makes a good place? My
> thoughts include:
>
> good food reasonably priced
> low ambient noise
> sufficient seating (what is that)
> WiFi (I think I know the answer to this one) ;-)
>
> If folks would rate each from 1 (low importance) to 10 (high importance) I
> would appreciate it.
>
> Also, is beer and/or wine important?

More people show up when beer is available.

> What about smoking v. no smoking?

We have people who only show up to non-smoking areas, but we also have
smokers. A place that has designated smoking areas away from the eating
area seem the best solution.

Places that don't have a strong smell of any type are good. Some of us
can't stand the smell of coffee/fish/etc.

The WiFi needs to include full Internet access, not just port 80. Many of
us use SSH, for instance. Some of us use SSH on non-standard ports as
well.

Locations:

Phoenix libraries.
http://www.phoenixpubliclibrary.org/wireless.jsp

http://www.wififreespot.com/ar.html

http://phoenix.citysearch.com/roundup/40211?brand=msn

ciao,

der.hans
#  Fairy Tale, n.: A horror story to prepare children for the newspapers.