Re: structural unemployment

Author: Technomage
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: structural unemployment
On Thursday 26 May 2005 13:38, JD Austin wrote:

> In my experience, actual experience counts for more than certifications.
> What sort of training are you going for?
>
> JD

I really need to formalize my skills linux administration wise.
I have practical experience in configuring and setting up most of the common
tools in linux, but when it comes to the more esoteric items, I am still at a
loss.

I don't have any official certs as such. all I have is largely self-taught
information.

one of the only other problems I have: visual impairment (this means I am
dependant upon the "wonderful" transit system here in the valley). other than
that and the lack of "bonified", "formalized" skills, I am stuck. I have
filed my resume on here before. However, someone off list pointed out that it
was inadequate and needed significant updating.

in all honesty, I am tired of living on the "dole" (welfare system) and I
would like to put my mind to some real work (and even make a little more than
survival income in the process).

TMH