Re: User Locations was Re: move Stammtisch?

Author: Kevin Brown
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: User Locations was Re: move Stammtisch?
>>I am in casa grande.. ? :-)

Is this a statement or a question? heheh.

> Good grief, man! Way to skew the results! ;^)

results can be skewed by a lot of things. I could always just throw
data out that sits beyond a certain reach. Such as finding the radius
of a circle with downtown Phoenix at its center that gives me 95%
coverage of the data points given. Or, as I suspect this data will
show, an ellipse with two foci.

I've gotten quite a few responses so far. I've got about 25 data points
for a group of ~500 people based on the list subscription. I'll start
up the map once I have more than 30 unique responses.

Another point that has been brought up by responses is that the home
address is just one focal point for an individual. The other might be
their place of work. The only problem with collecting more than one
point for a person is that they have a time dependency associated with
them. These two points then only help if the map is drawn for a certain
time of day (e.g. weekday just after work would use one point, the rest
of the time would use the second as the focal point for the person).
But I'm really not looking at making this into a statistics problem like
you see in Numb3rs :)