Re: xmms playing chipmunk sounds

Author: Glitch
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: xmms playing chipmunk sounds
Just thought that I might throw this in there but you might also want
to check mixer settings through alsamixer if you are using it cause
sometimes changing the wrong setting makes things sound really bad and
fast. I had this happen to me so I just started playing the MP3 and
then adjusted the settings while playing and that fixed it.
Joshua Bryan

On 5/17/05, Jeremy C. Reed <> wrote:
> On Wed, 18 May 2005, Michael Sammartano wrote:
>
> > All the players are doing it. I do not believe cpu speed would have
> > anything to do with it either.
>
> Is it all audios and not just MP3s?
>
> What sound driver are you using?
>
> I read that this happened to someone using i810 kernel module. And the
> switched to snd-intel8x0 and it was fixed.
>
> Also, check your sound card configuration for any customizations, like
> setting sample rate.
>
> There are many threads about this found via google, but no specific
> answer.
>
> Jeremy C. Reed
>
>                         technical support & remote administration
>                         http://www.pugetsoundtechnology.com/

~Glitch
Linux is the future... embrace it!
Registered Linux User #389736