Re: Linux for Users

Author: Derek Neighbors
To: plug-discuss
CC: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: Linux for Users
Having been a long time GNU\Linux user that has used many platforms. From
a hackers perspective nothing is nicer than Gentoo or Debian. Then this
little distribution rose up out of Debian called Ubuntu. It JUST WORKS.
It is by far the most "user" like distribution I have seen and it is
really just Debian with pretty cover and nicer user tools so it can be a
hacker desktop as well.

That said, you do yourself a disservice if you don't try a few for
yourself first and see what you like. You wouldn't buy a car without a
test drive. Treat your operating system the same way. :)

-Derek