Re: Linux for Users

Author: Jason Spatafore
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: Linux for Users
On Friday 13 May 2005 11:16, Erik Bixby wrote:
> nd I have a philosophical problem with running code
> that isn't what I'd actually be seeing in the wild (Fedora vs RHEL).

I'm currently working on systems that are in the real world: large hospital
imaging systems. I just want to say that everything that Fedora has (on my
home system) is the same as the RHL you see in the business field. The only
differences I have seen are updated docs and some good configuration tools
for enterprise.

I just wanted to say that because...well, my work and home systems are
identical as far as usage goes. Of course, I'm on Linux at home because I was
kinda tossed into the Linux world at work. I came to work one day and they
said "You're doing Linux builds now." Quite a shock. :)

I did try a gentoo installation...but I got bored halfway through it. There
was just too much to do and too many decisions to make. :)

--
Sincerely,

Jason Spatafore
http://www.spatafore.net