slak 8 install vi NFS on old Ibm thinkpad

Author: Mike Hoy
To: plug-discuss
Subject: slak 8 install vi NFS on old Ibm thinkpad
I'm working with Alan on this and thought it might be helpful to open
this up to the plug list:

background:
Setting up an old ibm thinkpad with slackware 8.
I've booted up to bare.i floppy and then loaded pcmcia drivers and ran setup
chose to install via NFS (has no cdrom) and get an error regarding
permission.

current problem:
ok webmin problem was the host name, i changed it from localhost. lol.
the www was a typo actually.

in webmin i setup a new nfs share and deleted my old one

in slackware (on ibm thinkpad) the error message is

We'll switch into text mode here so you can see if you have any errors.

Configuring ethernet card...
Configuring your gateway...
Running /sbin/rpc.portmap...
Mounting NFS...
mount: 192.168.1.102:/shared/Slackware8/slakware failed, reason given by
server :
Permission Denied

Current mount table:
/dev/fd2 on / type minit (rw)
none on /proc type proc (rw)
/dev/hda1 on /mnt type ext2 (rw)

(if you see errors above and the mount table doesn't show your NFS
server, then try setting up NFS again)

I wonder if there is something more  I have to do on the ibm thinkpad
end. I seem to have set up an nfs share that is wide open any one can
connect to it and root can do , according to webmin, i'm going to post
the contents of /etc/exports:
$ cat /etc/exports
/shared/Slackware8/slakware     (insecure,no_root_squash,rw,nohide)

is this exports file correct?

mike hoy