Re: Linux for Users

Author: Michael Sammartano
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: Linux for Users
I do not know Novell systems as an admin, but I have taken classes in it
& it was a bear. I am glad Novell has jumped feet first into this
community to not remain a "dinosaur" in IT. I was shocked that Novell
said that they will open the code for YaST for all to see. I see this as
a giant step.
I have hated Red Hat for reasons involving suppport.
1. They by default install Gnome (my opinion)
2. The fees they incrue for support are insane!
3. Red Hat is not as easy to play iwth when migrating to Linux

My first try at Linux was RH 5.1....
It was a bear to install and I gave up after 6.x
I then went to Mandrake for a while, but it still lacked. I the gave up
for a bit, andtried SuSE!! Whoa, what a ifference!~!
No flame wars please, this is MY OPINION!