Re: Need help with mount and /etc/fstab

Author: Joseph Sinclair
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: Need help with mount and /etc/fstab
I would expect the HFS partition to have different files and directories, The view you're getting on the other mount is the raw subsystem, the HFS+ system is stored in the really big file on that listing.

Try running GTKPod pointed to the HFS+ filesystem mounted on /dev/sda3, you may find it works, at the very least, it shouldn't hurt as long as you don't write any changes until you're sure it's the iPod drive...

/dev/sd?? is where serial (i.e. SCSI, USB, FireWire, SATA) block devices (i.e. disk drives) are referenced. /dev/sda1 would be the first partition of the first physical drive. /dev/sdb1 would be the first partition of the second physical drive. /dev/sda3 should be partition 3 on drive 1, but your system may be fiddling with the nomenclature to make it easier to automount.

==Joseph++