Re: OT: Google mail down?

Author: Jeremy C. Reed
To: PLUG
Subject: Re: OT: Google mail down?
On Sat, 7 May 2005, Bryce C wrote:

> I've been having DNS issues for the last 6 months but especially today
> using Cox's DNS. I used to have a couple of DNS servers I used on the
> AT&T backbone, but sadly I've lost those. Anyone got some good ones that
> don't suck like Cox's do?

Just use your own Linux box to run a caching (sometimes known as
recursive) DNS server. It is easy and makes it easy to troubleshoot
problems.

BIND's named is simple.

You could also use djb's dnscache and maradns, but not pdns and not nsd.

Jeremy C. Reed

                 BSD News, BSD tutorials, BSD links
                http://www.bsdnewsletter.com/