Re: Receiving radio transmissions is sometimes illegal

Author: Gene Holmerud
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: Receiving radio transmissions is sometimes illegal
On Sat, 7 May 2005 08:10:57 -0700, Jason Spatafore <>
wrote:

> On Tuesday 03 May 2005 16:48, Gene Holmerud wrote:
>> Some state disallow police radar detectors.   Not sure how that fits
>> into
>> Federal vs. State.
>
> Illegally. :) I don't believe it would be illegal to make a radar
> scrambler

Actually, all transmission comes under FCC control. Low power is often
allowed under blanket rules (e.g. Part 15). But police radar frequencies
(and door openers that use the same freq) are going to receive scrutiny.

> though...then again, you would have to allow them to create a jammer for
> the
> scrambler. Isn't it a silly world?
>
> I have the best idea for it all though....obey the speed limits. :)

Nobel idea, if you don't mind getting rear-ended (and stay to the right) ;)