Re: plug] CentOS, WBEL, and Red Hat Clones

Author: R P Herrold
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: plug] CentOS, WBEL, and Red Hat Clones
On Tue, 3 May 2005, Nathan England wrote:

> I am looking around at some of the enterprise systems. I don't have any use
> for them, I'm just looking to see what kinds of advancements they have.
> Has anyone used any RHEL clones?

Centos - broadest community support, updates average less than
24 hr after upstream release, fairly strict rebuild, favored
by Dag as his RHEL clone target of choice, includes former RH
NDA testers-list graduate, commercial support (.us, .uk, .au)
available

Tao - one man project - more experimental rebuild approach -
former RH NDA testers-list graduate, non-commercial

WBEL - one man project - updates lag badly, no commercial
support known

Xos - one man project - former RH NDA testers-list graduate,
commercial support (.nl)

Lineox - one man project - commercial support (.fi)

There are others as well, but this is a summary of the most
well known.

-- Russ Herrold