Re: Hope the installfest was good!

Author: Dennis Kibbe
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: Hope the installfest was good!
mike h wrote:

>> sorry I couldn't make it again. But I hope that it was
>> a good one with plenty of installs.
>>

> same old story. couple installs here and there, mainly just good
> conversation.
> I assisted with a gentoo install (starting to see more of these...) and
> a Red Hat Raid problem. Neither got resolved.
> Eric can provide a question for the Raid issue and hopefully we can get
> it resolved, i don't want to start a new thread. He can later when he
> gets around to it.
>
> mike hoy

On the upside we had a good turn out and at least two successful Ubunto
installs.

A goal I'd like to set for InstallFests is to have enough people
volunteer so that every position has two people filling it and no one
has to work or stay more that 3 hours unless they want to. InstallFest
should remain a fun learning experience for all.

Don't know how everyone feels about nametags, but I think they would be
very useful. We'd look more professional and it'd help to connect names
and faces (and maybe distros) -- even for some of us oldtimers. I'll
bring some next time. Wearing them is voluntary, of course. But anyone
who doesn't gets the honourary title of, "Hey, you!" <g>

Also, please suggest that people come early (i.e. by noon at least).
Yesterday one person came at 3:45 looking for help with a Mepis/USB
issue. That didn't leave much time (or people remaining) to help.

Dennisk