Re: DVD Movies on Ubunto

Author: Jason Spatafore
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: DVD Movies on Ubunto
On Friday 29 April 2005 20:39, wrote:
> I just had this (or something very similar).  I followed
> www.ubuntuguide.org to enable DVD playing, but Totem wouldn't work.
>
> Reading on their website, I installed totem-xine, and it worked.  When you
> install totem-xine, it will remove totem-gstreamer, but that is fine.

I had a similar problem when I first installed on RHL. What I ended up doing
was installing gxine/kxine depending on which desktop I was using. That
cleared it all up for me.

Anybody know the reasoning why it worked? Perhaps there's a configuration file
that gets replaced during those installations?

--
Sincerely,

Jason Spatafore
http://www.spatafore.net