DVD authoring?

Author: Alan Dayley
To: plug-discuss
Subject: DVD authoring?
I gotta put together a DVD by first part of next week. I have been using
Kino to edit the raw digital video files. However, it doesn't seem to
handle mixing MPEG and AVI in with the raw DV. I also need to
intermingle still photos (JPG) in with the video.

Is there are good tool that will handle all these well for DVD authoring?
Including DVD menus and transition effects? I like Kino but I gotta get
all the rest in too.

Alan

PS I am researching options on the web and there are several to choose
from. What I am asking for here is recommendations/experiences. Third
and fourth hand stories are acceptable input, in this case. ;^)