Re: Shockwave on Linux

Author: Bryan.ONeal@asu.edu
To: plug-discuss
New-Topics: Copyright, DRM and the whole mess of $@% was Re: Shockwave on Linux
Subject: Re: Shockwave on Linux

> On Thu, 2005-04-21 at 22:07 -0700, wrote:
> > By the way, Pine 4 renders HTML into plain text ;)
> >
> > As for the article, well to quote MontyPython's Lesson in Logic: “I
> call it
> > Crap! And it makes me very irritated.”
> >
> > I started to write a scathing retort, but after four pages I decided
> it's best
> > not to fan the flames...
> >

> > > Can you say DRM ?
> > >
> > > http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/shouldbefree.html
> > >
> > > is probably far more articulate than I could ever be. It just seems
> > > me that until you toss the yoke of slavery off your back, you will
> > > always be a slave.
> > >
> > > I'll quit there - except for one thing - Joseph, please consider
> > > sending
> > > text format instead of html - it really made it hard to read.
> > >
> -----
> If you are referring to the Richard Stallman treatise that I linked -
> would suggest that a discussion of that would be most appropriate and
> not at all a flame fest. I know that my attitude has greatly drifted
> towards that logic over time - though 3 years ago, I probably would
> have
> disagreed with it.
>
> Craig

Would you hold the same position for pharmaceuticals or other intellectual
property industries? If so, I would love to debate the matter (By debate I
refer to classical arguments where ideas are exchanged for edification, it can
be hard to lay down context in email)

BTW I do think copywriting code is also crap. It should fall under patents, but
there are a few issues with that as well...

A discussion may be good (we could do a panel discussion at installfest ;)