Upgrade dual boot machine

Author: Joe Huber
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Upgrade dual boot machine
I'm going to tread into sort of forbidden territory here...

I've got a dual boot machine - Debian and Windows 2000. I find myself having
to upgrade (or I guess down grade depending on how you look at it) 2000 to
XP. Has anyone ventured down a path similar to this in the past? I've got a
LAMP setup on the Debian side (trying to learn some web stuff) and well...
I'm afraid that something bad could happen to the Debian side when I put the
CD in. It took me the better part of a week a couple months ago to get the
PHP build (some hang up with a library related to using PDFs) and I wouldn't
want to have to go rebuild the Debian.

Joe