Re: Shockwave on Linux

+ (text/html)
Author: Joseph Sinclair
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: Shockwave on Linux
Well, this certainly doesn't bode well for the Adobe SVG plugin (not to
mention the support in Illustrator, GoLive, etc...). Good thing the
Mozilla work on SVG support is getting close to completion, and that the
open-source SVG creators are starting to make significant headway.
Regardless of whether the format owner might go out of business, there's
still the possibility that they could change their minds about how (or
if) they wish to continue supporting that format. That's part of why
it's so important to push for truly open standards for ALL media
formats, so that the decision of one company/organization/individual
cannot cause significant harm to the user community.