Re: Help with reformatted hd

Author: Major.Mikey
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: Help with reformatted hd
chmod -R 666 /mnt/hde6 ?
I read and have understood that EVERYTHING is a file in a *nix system. / is a
file; that file contains everything in the linux file system. /dev is a file
that contains the files of dev which contains the instructions for all of the
hardware. /mnt contains everything in mnt.

That is my understanding of it. Someone correct me, please.

-------