Re: bash scripting: mplayer command line playlist

Author: Mike Hoy
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: bash scripting: mplayer command line playlist
Nathan England wrote:

>This is what I do...
>
>All my mp3/ogg whatevers are in a folder called /mnt/mp3
>
>I run 'find /mnt/mp3 | tee playlist.txt'
>then 'mplayer -shuffle --playlist playlist.txt'
>
>It's works pretty simply.
>
>Nathan

man it takes me a while to get back to emails sometimes...

anyway, Nathan, thanks for this. it's working great for me.

the only thing that I Had to do differently was

$find *.mp3 music/ | tee playlist.txt

and then mplayer -shuffle --playlist playlist.txt

i guess because i had other stuff in there besides music files that
mplayer was complaining about.

mike hoy