Re: Rack Space

Author: JD
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: Rack Space
Craig White wrote:

>>If using another server is ok and your goal isn't specifically to get a
>>particular server in a rack, you might try getting a dedicated server
>>from a company like 1and1.com. Their support is pretty shoddy, but I've
>>been using them for over a year without an issue with the
>>server/bandwidth/etc.
>>For me it works, because I don't need their support help. The way they
>>have it setup you can almost do everything you could normally do in
>>person except for of course upgrading the hardware. At the time I did
>>my research they were 1/3 the price of anything I could find here in AZ.
>>

>----
>price of course isn't everything
>
>Craig

Absolutely true. I was just starting out and the difference between
$100-$150/month and $50 a month made a big difference.
I found other places at the same price but the difference was I couldn't
find anyone happy with those places. Of course you do
get what you pay for.. hence horrible support. Since its a dedicated
server and I have full control that isn't a problem for me.
I'd much rather have machines in a rack locally where I can upgrade them
when I need to, but for the price it fits my needs now.

JD