Re: Startup script at boot (Debian)

Author: Bart Garst
To: PLUG Discuss
Subject: Re: Startup script at boot (Debian)
On Wed, 2005-03-30 at 08:58, Siri Amrit Kaur wrote:
> On Wednesday 30 March 2005 11:11 am, Bart Garst wrote:
> >
> > I have my custom startup routines in the file /etc/rc.local
> >
> I don't have that file. Did you make it? How did you make it executable at
> boot?
> I see an empty directory in /etc called /rc.boot . Is that for scripts like
> this?

Yes, I wrote the file (I probably should have mentioned that - sorry). I
put the commands I wanted run at start up in that file, set it as
executable, and it gets called at start up automagically. I found this
through a google search a year or so ago.

Oddly enough, the debian gnu/linux faq lists a different method for
running user scripts at start up:
http://www.nl.debian.org/doc/FAQ/ch-customizing.en.html#s-custombootscripts

Bart